Pocono Urgent Care is pleased to offer immigration physical services. Dr. Romes is a licensed US Civil Surgeon who has been authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to conduct Immigration Physicals and Immigration Exams for the Department of Homeland Security. Individuals applying for citizenship or seeking Permanent Residency or a Green Card are required to obtain an immigration physical performed by a designated Civil Surgeon prior to approval of their application.The exam results will be recorded on Form I-693 for the applicant to return to the USCIS (INS). The exam process takes approximately 1 week, including the physical on the first day with any necessary vaccinations, PPD testing, and laboratory results. Call Pocono Urgent Care today to schedule an appointment: 570-872-9615.
Services & Fees
1. Complete Immigration Physical Examination
The cost of the complete Immigration Physical Examination is $350.00 and includes:
- Physical Examination
- Review of your written vaccination and other health records
- Syphilis test (RPR)- Required for applicants 15 and older, or possibly younger based on the physician’s determination.
- Tuberculin skin testing and interpretation (regardless of whether or not you have ever received a BCG vaccine). This is required for applicants 2 and older. This test requires a return visit to the office within 48 – 72 hours after administration. If the test reading is positive, a chest X-ray will be required. The cost of the X-ray, should it be necessary, is not included in the price of the immigration exam but can be performed on-site for an additional fee. Blood TB testing is not included in the price of the physical.
- Certified and Sealed I-693 form with a copy for yourself
- Copies of your laboratory testing
2. Physical Exam Only
If you only require a medical exam, the cost is $250.00.
3. Additional Services
Additional services that may be required, such as urine gonorrhea testing, required vaccinations and follow-up chest x-ray for TB testing are not included in the price of the exam. If vaccinations are required, most may be obtained in the clinic for an additional fee. If the vaccines are not available in the clinic, they may be obtained at your primary care physician or we can arrange for them at a local immunization clinic at an extra fee that will be paid to the clinic. We do have many, but not all, of the required immunizations at Pocono Urgent Care. Please call us for any questions.
What To Bring
- Valid, government issued picture ID such as a valid passport (preferred), driver’s license, greencard, or military ID.
- Medical records (translated to English, if necessary), including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease and prior chest x-rays
- Immunization records (translated to English, if necessary)
- Any mental health records (translated to English, if necessary)
- An immigration physical form I-693, pre-completed with your information. Do not date it.
After The Exam
Once the immigration medical examination is completed and all immunizations and/or lab tests have been performed, we will provide you with a certified form I-693 in a sealed envelope to present to the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results and exam will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the doctor. The medical examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
Typically, you will be notified of the results of your lab work (and chest x-ray, if done) within 7-10 days. If you have a health condition requires that medical follow-up, clearance will not be granted until follow-up is completed. You will be responsible for the cost of any additional medical examinations or treatments required to fulfill the federal health requirements established by USCIS.
While Pocono Urgent Care has bilingual staff (English, Spanish) available, it is your responsibility to bring a translator and have all your necessary immunization and medical records translated into English to expedite your exam process.
All expenses must be paid at the time of your exam. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
Visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information:
- Immigration Physical Form I-693
- Further information about vaccine preventable diseases can be found on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/vaccines-list.htm
Your journey to better health begins here. To schedule your appointment, call (570) 872-9955, or make a convenient online appointment today.